SERVINGS: 6 | PREP: 20’ | COOK TIME: 30’
INGREDIENTS for the dough
- 500gr flour for all purposes
- 45ml tsikoudia
- 250ml warm water
- 45ml olive oil
INGREDIENTS for the filling
- 600gr cream cheese (anthotyro or sweet mizithra)
- 200gr malaka cheese
- 1 egg
- 10 mint leaves
INGREDIENTS for the topping
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Prepare the dough by mixing the liquid ingredients and add salt and flour, or vice versa.
- In another bowl prepare the filling.
- Crumble the cheese the anthotiro with a fork and add the malaka cheese grated.
- Salt and taste before adding the egg.
- Mix the egg with the cheeses until it becomes creemy.
- Add in the mix, fine chopped mint.
- Make a thin phyllo with the rolling pin.
- Cut disk shapes by using small espresso plates.
- In the center of every phyllo disk, place a teaspoon of the cheese mix.
- Fold the disk twice creating a dumpling shape.
- Place them on a baking tray.
- Beat the egg and coat the kalitsounia.
- Sprinkle some sesame.
- Bake them at 180°C for 25’-30’
- The right color when baked is white.