Terms & Conditions
1. This is a website dedicated to provide Tourism information and to promote the Municipality of Chania Touristic assets and beauty. Chania welcomes you to browse this website, with the acknowledgement that your access here and use of the website is subject to the specific terms and conditions set forth in this chapter and all applicable Greek government laws and regulations. By accessing and browsing the website, you accept all of the terms and conditions which must be carefully read by all users, set forth herein. This website is a property of the Municipality Of Chania, herein called “Chania”.
2. These terms and conditions may be changed in the future without notice. However, this web page will at all times display the current version of the terms and conditions of use of this website, as effective from time to time, and the users must read the terms to keep up with all versions and amendments.
3. Subject to any exceptions stated herein (intellectual property rights owned by third parties, partners or institutions), the entire content of “chaniatourism.gr/com” – including any images, photos, logos, graphics, drawings, texts, services and self produced articles offered and any files found in this website – constitutes intellectual property and service marks of Chania and is protected under the applicable Greek, European and international laws. Therefore, None of the above described content may be sold, copied, altered, reproduced, republished, downloaded, transmitted or distributed without written consent from Chania. Any services mentioned on the web pages of this website and bearing the marks of any organisations, enterprises, associated organisations, associations or publishing houses constitute intellectual and industrial property of the respective organisations and the latter are exclusively responsible for such content. Users understand and agree that they have no right to reproduce, copy, sell, resell and/or commercially exploit in any manner, in whole or in part, any content posted on “chaniatourism.com/gr”, under written authorisation by a Legal Representative of Chania. With respect to the “Press kit” section of the website and the use of the related downloadable content, users or cooperators are allowed to download the press kit, but are obliged to mention the origin and creator (Chania) in their re-posting of this content -wherever this happens- and also request a written consent from Chania prior to it.
4. Given the vast volume of the Internet, it is noted that neither “chaniatourism.com/gr” nor Chania may under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by the users of the web pages, services, options or content which is/are made available through this website, given that users make use of these features and content at their own will and responsibility.
7. Chania bears no liability towards the website users for any leakage of their personal information as a result of the use of third-party products or services offered through the web pages of Chaniatourism.com/gr.
8. The website operator may use session cookies to establish the identity of users. Session cookies are strings of alphanumeric characters that are stored on the user’s computer. They have no access to any documents or any other files stored on the user’s computer and are merely intended to facilitate the user’s access to particular services or (occasionally) for statistical purposes, namely to identify the geographic areas in which the website’s services are offered or mostly popular, or for marketing purposes. Users may exclude session cookies, whether partly or as a whole, by applying proper settings on their browsers. If such settings are applied, users shall have no further access to the related services.
9. These Terms and Conditions of Use, including any amendments or additions added from time to time, shall be governed by Greek Law. Any dispute to arise from this agreement shall be referred to the Courts of Chania.
10. These Terms and Conditions of Use, including any amendments thereto from time to time, are governed and supplemented by Greek Law, the EU law, and all relevant international treaties (by way of indication: Law 2472/1997 on the protection of individuals and data protection, as supplemented from time to time by decisions of the Chairman of the Hellenic Data Protection Commission, Presidential Decrees 207/1998 and 79/2000, Article 8 of Law 2819/2000, Law 2774/1999 and the applicable EU regulations (Directives 95/46/EC and 97/66/EC). If any provision(s) hereof is/are found to be inconsistent with any applicable laws, such provision(s) shall automatically cease to apply and shall be removed from these Terms, in which event all other terms hereof shall remain fully valid and effective. These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement entered between chaniatourism.gr/com and LIME CREATIVE, on one part, and the users of the website’s pages and services, on the other, and are only binding upon those parties. Any amendment here will only be taken into account and form part of these Terms and Conditions of Use if executed in writing and integrated herein.